Assistant-advisor for the Airport Mediator – Airport Mediation
Airport Mediation is the autonomous independent mediation service for Brussels Airport. It is responsible for verifying and following up the aircraft trajectories as well as the evolution of the resulting noise hindrance. Moreover it informs the citizens on that subject and treats their complaints.
Your tasks and responsibilities will be the following:
- drawing up individual answers in response to requests;
- drawing up standard answers based on data received;
- creating texts and information messages intended for the general public, designing and following up the drafting of information brochures, preparing texts and documentation;
- analysing and centralizing radar data and noise contours, releasing information to the public;
- drawing up meeting minutes for the Consultative Forum;
- treating, managing and following up all the complaints;
- searching for information and aeronautical or environmental documentation with the other federal or regional administrations;
- representing the Service with municipalities surrounding the airport;
- drawing up texts and data for managing the website and regularly updating the site according to current events.
- university degree (communication, journalism, humanities, law, environment, political science, economy, sociology, criminology);
- great communication and writing skills;
- French-speaking with good knowledge of English and Dutch;
- experience with public relations and with contacts with administrations;
- capable to express in public and to intervene in debates and colloquia;
- knowledge of IT (Word, Excel, dBase, internet);
- interested in the environment and in aviation.