As a data analysist, you will play a central role in developing a data-driven culture at skeyes and contribute to the continuous optimisation of skeyes’ performance, on the basis of all the data and indicators pertaining to skeyes activities.
What does a skeyes Data Analyst do?
Together with a young and dynamic team of data analysts, data scientists, process and business analysts, you will analyse and transform data into a valuable and intelligent business element that can be easily read, interpreted and used by skeyes management for the operational, business and strategic development, as well as for delivering operational services.. You will constantly strive to ensure managers are supported by our data feeds and are easily able to plug them in as an extra dimension that reinforces their work and brings it to the next level.
Your day-to-day job will include the analysis of large amounts of data to transform it into information to ease business analytics and data-driven decisions. Your technical expertise will ensure the quality and accuracy of that data. You will work on the data processes and quality assurance. You will build accessible & intuitive dashboards and visualizations that accelerate insight generation.
Your data and automation skills will contribute to drive efficiency through process automation.
Your knowledge of skeyes’ business and areas of expertise will allow you to make meaningful analyses and draw relevant conclusions, namely in the Air Traffic Management domain.
Concretely, you will be required to:
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
What makes you the perfect candidate ?
- You preferably hold an Engineer’s degree or a Master’s degree in statistics, information management, mathematics or a related subject involving maths, such as economics or computer/data science;
- You have analytical skills and a sharp critical mind;
- You are able to collect, organize, analyse, model and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy;
- You are adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings;
- You are able to explain complex ideas or structures in a simple way;
- You are solution-oriented;
- You are able to plan your work and meet tight deadlines;
- You are able and motivated to learn new technologies rapidly;
- You are a team worker;
- You possess written and verbal communication skills in English and preferably also in Dutch and/or French;
- You are familiar with the business of an Air Navigation Service Provider (flight operations, air traffic services, airspace management, round the clock shifts organisation, …) .
You have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Manipulating large excel sheets, pivot tables and complex macros;
- Power BI, Microsoft’s Power platform, or other BI tools and platforms;
- Data visualisation
- SQL and an understanding of relational database design;
- Data architecture and building data pipelines;
- A scripting language (python, java, …);
- Automation of data storage.
- Air traffic (flow) management, Air traffic services, Airspace design, airport operations