Junior Operational Business & Functional Analyst
What does a skeyes Junior Operational Business & Functional Analyst do?
- Translating the wishes of air traffic controllers or the training organisation into functional requirements that can be understood by the developers and can be used for the further development of air traffic control systems. This includes among other things that you:
- translate the periodic changes in operational procedures and airspace (AIRAC) into changes in the current air traffic control system so that air traffic controllers can always work with the correct information;
- coordinate the information obtained from the developers with the end-user and ensure that the end-user and the developer have the same interpretation of the changes that are required;
- support the transition team during the conversion from the old to the new system;
- actively participate in the testing and validation of the air traffic control systems;
- are responsible for changes to the operational system that is used 24/7.
- Managing the data sets of the various systems. This includes among other things that you:
- ensure that the datasets are updated to include all airspace modifications, route structure, working methods and Letters of Agreement;
- provide support for projects, major events and software changes;
- participate in the development, testing, implementation and maintenance of ATM-related systems and their updates;
- follow up on the implemented changes and when safety-related problems are detected (bugs/trouble reports, safety reports) develop and execute a plan to correct the data set.
- Coaching and assisting the training team in developing training programmes. This includes among other things that you:
- support the Training Officers and operational management in defining the training needs and elaborating them, specifically for those points that have a technical focus (i.e. where the system has a direct impact).
- Organising surveys and workshops with air traffic controllers for the evaluation of specific hardware & software equipment, in order to determine general expectations and requirements. Processing and analysing the outcome of surveys and workshops. Proposing adjustments and solutions based on these evaluations and surveys.
- Ensuring/supporting the training of ATCOs on ATM-related systems and their updates.
- providing system-related training to the end-users of the system;
- elaborating the training material.
- Participating in the implementation of safety and quality management systems and ensuring that the systems meet the requirements.
- Participating in and supervising tests and validation linked to the implementation of the new ATM systems within operational air traffic control.
- Participating in and guiding the operational implementation of ATM systems within operational air traffic control.
What makes you the perfect Junior Operational Business & Functional Analyst?
- you have at least a Bachelor's degree (preferably in the Aerospace sector). A Master's degree is an advantage;
- you have at least 2 years (proven) experience in functional analysis of end-users;
- you have a basic knowledge of air traffic control/ATS; knowledge of ATM systems is an advantage;
- you are a team player, creative, structured and can work in an efficient way;
- you can think in a solution-oriented way;
- you have a strong sense of responsibility and a critical attitude;
- you have a good command of English. Knowledge of Dutch and French is an advantage;
- you have a good command of Microsoft office software packages;
- knowledge of IT tools such as GIT, Python and Linux is an advantage.
In light of the vacancy to which you respond we would like to draw your special attention to the fact that prior to being employed by skeyes candidates have to undergo a security screening which will be carried out by the National Security Authority. More info