The Procurement service’s mission is to make sure purchases are made professionally and in accordance with the rules on public procurement.
As a team member of the Procurement service you will be responsible for processing files that are used for the purchase of works, supplies and services. As our Procurement Expert, you shall process both complex files, to which the public procurement regulation fully applies, and less complex files.
What does a skeyes Procurement Expert do?
You make sure the purchases are made professionally and in accordance with the rules on public procurement and the files are processed and followed up correctly with regard to the administrative aspects. This includes among other things centralizing and evaluating the information; elaborating tender documents; following up the selection phase (if applicable) and the award phase; attending possible negotiations, concluding the contract and processing file-related information and data with regard to the administrative aspects.
You work under the supervision of our Procurement staff responsible. For certain files you will be working in tandem with your direct colleagues (purchasers) or with the Procurement Legal Expert and/or the Procurement Legal Advisor.
You respect the internal procedures, take care of the necessary (internal and external) reporting and you are responsible for an efficient, effective and qualitative file management. That comprises among other things:
- analysing the constituent elements of the purchasing files (order requests) provided by the various competence centres of the company and on that basis, determining which possible additional actions have to be undertaken;
- verifying the accuracy and appropriateness of the data and where necessary, conduct more in-depth research or contact colleagues of the various competence centres;
- drawing up and elaborating tender documents [administrative part and technical part (limited)];
- processing records on the e-procurement platform;
- verifying requests for participation in procedures, offers and evaluation reports;
- drawing up various administrative documents, e.g. orders, motivated decisions;
- processing and entering data into the ERP system and managing data banks;
- following up the invoicing, approvals (e.g. reports), bank guarantees, guarantees provided;
- following up the execution of the contracts concluded, in consultation with the internal customers.
You build and maintain good relations with internal customer, (candidate) tenderers and contractors. That comprises among other things:
- supporting internal customers;
- answering questions and periodically communicating information regarding purchasing files and contracts;
- if necessary, participating in negotiations and contract conclusions.
You support the staff responsible for the Procurement service. That comprises among other things:
- preparing decisions that are taken within the domain of the staff responsible for the service, e.g. budget, requirements analysis;
- following up and reporting on the evolution of the requirements, purchase files, budgets, results and/or objectives achieved (e.g. KPIs);
- assisting in managing the contract database.
What makes you the perfect Procurement Expert?
- you preferably hold a master's degree and already have a certain relevant working experience, or you hold a professional bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of relevant experience;
- you have a strong analytical mind and you work extremely accurately and critically;
- experience with or knowledge of public procurement regulation, purchasing and negotiation techniques is advisable;
- you have a sense of organisation and method;
- you assess the sensitivity of files correctly and you can handle confidential information correctly;
- you communicate smoothly and clearly in Dutch and French, both orally and in writing. Knowledge of English is a must;
- you are customer-focused, improvement-oriented and you have strong problem-solving skills. Thanks to your critical thinking you contribute to continuous improvement;
- you are capable to handle files individually, but you also like to work in team;
- you are not deterred by administrative work;
- you write correct and clear texts;
- experience with the use of ERP systems is an additional asset.