Procurement Legal Expert
What does a skeyes Procurement Legal Expert do?
You make sure the purchases are made professionally and in accordance with the rules on public procurement. This includes among other things centralizing and evaluating the information; elaborating tender documents (in view of maximally covering possible risks for the company using appropriate contractual provisions); following up the selection phase (if applicable) and the award phase; conducting possible negotiations and awarding the contract.
You work in team under the supervision of our Procurement Legal Advisor and you have contacts with the various competence centres of the company, as well as with the external stakeholders involved. You will be finishing certain files in tandem with our purchasing team.
You respect the internal procedures, take care of the necessary reporting (internal and external) and you are responsible for an efficient, effective and qualitative file management.
You provide advice on public procurement regulation. That includes among other things:
- following up the legislation on public procurement and keeping the Procurement Legal Advisor informed;
- researching the impact of legal changes on skeyes;
- conducting research for complex questions and formulating solutions;
- advising on legal risks;
- participating in working groups and meetings in the framework of various missions / projects;
- accompanying internal customers and management with regard to public procurement regulation;
- evaluating and if necessary adjusting proposed purchasing strategies / methodologies.
You suggest improvements for the internal purchasing procedures based on your acquired experience.
What makes you the perfect Procurement Legal Expert?
- you hold a master's degree in law with at least 3 to 4 years of relevant experience or a professional bachelor, with a specialisation in Legal Practice, with at least 6 to 7 years of relevant experience;
- you are fascinated by public procurement. A thorough knowledge of public procurement regulation is a strong asset;
- you communicate smoothly and clearly in Dutch and French, both orally and in writing. Knowledge of English is a must;
- you are customer-focused, improvement-oriented and you have strong problem-solving skills. Thanks to your critical thinking you contribute to continuous improvement;
- you have a strong analytical mind and you work extremely accurately;
- you have a sense of organisation and method;
- you are capable to handle files individually, but you also like to work in team;
- you have good negotiation capabilities.