Senior System Engineer Linux
As Senior System Engineer Linux you make sure that the mission-critical Linux systems we use at skeyes for managing air traffic perform optimally. That way, you contribute to keeping our air traffic safe.
What does a skeyes Senior System Engineer Linux do?
You develop, implement and offer support for our Linux-based infrastructure. For that you work closely together with your team members from IT Infrastructure and colleagues from other technical services such as voice & radio communication, navigation, radar surveillance and Air Traffic Management.
- Subject Matter Expert
As our Linux Senior System Engineer, you are the go-to expert on all Linux-related infrastructure, applications and systems. You will act as a point of contact and work together with the various in-company and external partners to obtain a more standardised application of those Linux technologies/environment(s).
- Design, build and support system solutions
You will be responsible for developing the architecture of our Linux environments, as well as for the hands-on implementation and necessary aftercare and support.
- Ensure a qualitative 24/7 service provision and optimally functioning Linux environment
To guarantee this, you will conduct regular corrective actions and system maintenance and suggest improvements. Furthermore, so as to prevent system quality degradation, you will introduce initiatives so that system performances and capacity are better followed up and managed. You do that through monitoring, alerting and forecasting. Moreover you will provide 3rd tier support and administer root cause analysis for system problems.
- Guarantee system security
You will maintain the current system security and implement new system security. Moreover, you constantly identify defects and vulnerabilities to further strengthen security. Last but not least you ensure that the necessary security updates are carried out and all preventive measures are applied.
What makes you the perfect Senior System Engineer Linux?
- you have at least 10 years’ worth of professional experience as Linux System Engineer within a major IT environment with mission-critical systems and networks;
- moreover, you have knowledge of and experience with Red Hat (RHEL) Linux and associated distributions such as CentOS, SLES and Oracle Linux;
- So as to guarantee the safety of air traffic, our systems have to be reliable and meet very stringent (quality) requirements. That is why we expect you to have solid knowledge of the following domains::
- high availability and disaster recovery (back-up/restore);
- clustering and load-balancing;
- virtualisation (traditional or containers);
- performance and capacity management;
- system security and hardening;
- automation via chef, Puppet, Ansible, cfengine;
- scripting with Perl, Ruby, JAVA, bash and Python.
- Thanks to your hands-on mentality and analytical skills you find a suitable solution to any problem that comes your way and you are able to guarantee a 24/7 uptime service
- you are meticulous and methodical, which is how you can always guarantee the quality and safety of our systems;
- communicating in English comes naturally to you. Moreover, you are fluent in Dutch or French.