Technical Expert Air Traffic Management
Safe air traffic? Not without safe hardware and software systems. This is where you come in.
What does a skeyes Technical Expert Air Traffic Management (ATM) do?
As our Technical Expert ATM you install, configure and maintain all of our Air Traffic Management related systems. That comprises among other things: end user interfaces (displays), radar and flight plan processing systems, aeronautical information systems and training platforms (simulators).
Is there a problem somewhere? You play an important role in logging and analysing those incidents. Of course you are also an important link in looking for a solution, sometimes under great time pressure.
Moreover, you support your fellow specialists of our regional airports (Antwerp, Charleroi, Courtrai, Liège and Ostend).
But there is more. As our Technical Expert ATM you are part of our ‘Technical Watch Office’ (TWO). A team of passionate technical specialists who guarantee the continuity of our service provision 24/7.
Here you are the one who:
- acts as prime interlocutor at incidents;
- monitors the systems, detects and identifies anomalies;
- co-ordinates the interventions for corrective and preventive maintenance;
- performs interventions yourself on the systems in your own domain;
- follows up the actions undertaken;
- informs the parties concerned of the systems’ status.
What makes you the perfect Technical Expert ATM?
- you hold a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in IT, electronics or another technical specialisation;
- are you familiar with Linux and IT networks? That is certainly a plus;
- your working schedule consists of a cycle in which weeks with shift work (24/7) are alternated by weeks in day shifts. You can take a flexible approach.
- you have a high sense of responsibility and a keen eye for detail. It is also thanks to you that our air traffic is in safe hands;
- you keep your wits about you in all circumstances;
- preventing and solving problems is what gives you energy;
- you have a solid knowledge of English in combination with Dutch or French;
- You are passionate about aviation. That makes you a true Avionista, like us.
- You do not have any experience yet? No problem. skeyes is ready to guide you and provides a comprehensive training to teach you the ins and outs of the job.