Establishing buildings, constructions or installations such as blocks of flats, wind turbines, cranes, etc. may present a risk to the safety of airspace. As our Urbanism Expert you will provide advice on requests for building permits and preliminary opinions.
What does an Urbanism Expert do?
- Dealing with official requests for building permits and preliminary opinions
You calculate and analyse the impact of buildings, constructions and installations designed. To that end you consult the requester as well as the services concerned within skeyes. Thanks to your expertise you formulate an advice on every request submitted.
- Developing, maintaining and improving urbanism policy
Your presence in coordination meetings with stakeholders and your role as point of contact help you develop, maintain and improve the urbanism policy. You ensure communication of every new or updated procedure. When implementing and managing GIS tool you also take into account everyone’s needs. You do so, in consultation with the Head of Public Affairs.
- Performing the necessary analyses, calculations and cartographic works in order to ensure air traffic safety
You perform the necessary analyses and calculations as regards our operational equipment (ILS, radars,…) and all elements likely to impact Aircraft Operations (Obstacle Assessment Services, e-Terrain & Obstacle Data,…). You calculate and define the geographical coordinates of exact positions and perform the necessary studies.
What makes you the ultimate Urbanism Expert?
- You have a diploma of higher education preferably in a technical field.
- You are passionate for aviation, as we are!
- Experience in the industry is not required. Once you’re hired, skeyes provides an intensive training programme so that you have a basic knowledge about aviation procedures, systems and regulations.
- We are not looking for a draftsman, but the command of AutoCAD is considered as a plus.
- You are interested in land-use planning.
- A basic knowledge of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) is a bonus.
- You speak fluently Dutch and French.
- You consider a large amount of files or their huge diversity as a challenge.
- You like to contribute to a continuous process improvement.
- You have fluent and constructive communication skills when sharing information with all of your stakeholders.
- Above all, you work very meticulously and accurately!