Support Engineer Voice
As our Voice Support Engineer you are responsible for the proper functioning of our radio, telecom and intercom systems. Thanks to those systems pilots and air traffic controllers can continuously communicate with each other. That way, you help keep air traffic safe.
What does a skeyes Voice Support Engineer do?
- you follow up the preventive and corrective maintenance of all our voice and radiocommunication, telecom, intercom and recording & playback systems;
- when a specialized technician reports a problem, you analyse it and suggest improvements or solutions;
- you make adjustments to software and systems and draw up specifications. You log them in maintenance and technical reports;
- based on your expertise as a Voice Support Engineer you also contribute to developing, installing and testing new systems;
- thanks to your expertise, you ensure that our systems are in conformity with ISO procedures and regulations;
- you sometimes travel in Belgium as well as abroad for your job;
- you also train staff in your area of expertise.
What makes you the perfect Voice Support Engineer?
- You are an engineer, preferably specialized in IT and/or Electronics;
- You know your way around TCP/IP networks (LAN/WAN), VOIP, radio frequency, digital techniques and Linux;
- Because our systems have to remain operational 24/7, we expect you to be flexible and that you can be reached from time to time outside of office hours through a rotating system;
- You have a good command of English, but you can also express yourself in Dutch and French;
- Thanks to your outstanding analytical skills, you are able to thoroughly analyse problems and suggest improvements.