Weather forecaster in Charleroi (50%) + Liège (50%) - Contract definite duration, 2 years
Providing a constant follow-up on meteorological conditions is a key element of safe air traffic. As a weather forecaster at skeyes you make sure that that crucial meteorological information reaches air traffic controllers and pilots.
What is a weather forecaster’s job at skeyes?
From the tower in Charleroi or Liège you observe a number of meteorological parameters: cloud surface, visibility and precipitation.
- Drawing up and issuing observation messages
You draw up observation messages based on your own observations and on data from high-tech sensors. You are also responsible for issuing these messages both locally and internationally to airlines, air traffic control and other meteorological services.
You draw up short-term weather forecasts and local warning messages for the airport of Charleroi or Liège. You also brief air traffic control and the airport inspection at regular times.
What makes you the perfect weather forecaster?
- You hold a bachelor’s or a master’s degree in a scientific field of study (Geography, Physics, Mathematics) or you have at least 2 years of proven professional experience as an (aeronautical) meteorologist;
- Meteorology and climate are among your favourite topics;
- You have an excellent knowledge of French and you are able to express yourself in Dutch. An active knowledge of English is also a must;
- You are communicative and customer-focused;
- You are willing to work in a 24/7 shift arrangement.