Conditions of admission for the recruitment exam for air traffic controller
To be able to participate in the 2019 recruitment exam you must :
- Submit evidence of your citizenship of one of the 28 Member States of the European Union (Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Denmark, Ireland, the United Kingdom, Greece, Portugal, Spain, Austria, Finland, Sweden, Cyprus, Poland, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Slovakia, Slovenia, Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia) through a copy (front and back !) of your identity card, passport or similar document.
- Be at least 17 years old and maximum 25 years old at the end of the examination registration period. Be at least 18 years old on the first day of employment.
- Submit evidence of a clean criminal record and proof of full enjoyment of all civil and political rights
- For Belgian citizens a document named “Uittreksel uit het strafregister, Model 1 / Extrait de casier judiciaire, Modèle 1” is required.
- For Dutch citizens the request form "Aanvraagformulier Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag Natuurlijke Personen (VOG NP) must be partly filled in by skeyes. A previously completed document with attachment can be obtained by email at : email@example.com
- For all other European countries : please contact the competent authorities in your country to obtain the equivalent document.
- Submit evidence, if available and if required, of compliance with military service regulations. (There is no compulsory military service anymore in Belgium since 2004. Therefore, Belgian citizens do not have to provide us with any document regarding this subject.)
- Be the holder of a general higher secondary school diploma or equivalent. Holders of a higher diploma beyond secondary school level are also welcome to apply
- All candidates must add a copy of the secondary school diploma to the application form.
- A higher diploma beyond secondary school level (bachelor or master - complete with degree) counts as an exemption for the certificate of equivalence for the higher secondary diploma.
- Candidates who are not yet in possession of their certificate or a higher secondary diploma (or equivalent) and who are currently in the final academic year leading to this degree may apply as long as they can submit a certificate of the school as proof that they are following the last academic year. In any case, the certificate or diploma must have been provided at the beginning of the training of aspiring air traffic controllers in training.
- Be willing to undergo a medical examination. Failure to meet the medical requirements for this job will result in automatic exclusion from the training to become an air traffic controller.
- Having a good knowledge of English. After all, English is the working knowledge for the exercise of the job of air traffic controller. A comprehensive knowledge of Dutch or French is required for taking part in the examination procedure since the psychological and group assessments may only be conducted in one of these languages.
- Have the following qualities: motivated, persevering, highly stress resistant, team player (round the clock), an aptitude for analytical and synthetical thinking, a good capacity of judgement and a long attention span.
Only applications through the online application form are taken into consideration.
If you can't provide one of the requested documents above, please visit the section 'FAQ' on the website.