Conditions of admission for the recruitment exam for air traffic controller
These conditions of admission are applicable to the March 2021 selection tests. This page will be updated as soon as a new recruitment exam takes place.
To be allowed to participate in the comparative recruitment exam of 2021, you, as a candidate, must:
- provide evidence of citizenship of one of the 27 member States of the European Union, with a photocopy of the front and backside of your ID card, passport or equivalent document.
- be between minimum 17 and maximum 30 years old on the registration deadline. You also must be at least 18 years old on 1st September 2021.
- be of impeccable conduct according to the requirements of the job and be entitled to your full civil and political rights.
- hold at least a high school degree or equivalent. As proof you will add a copy of the degree to the application form.
Do you hold a higher degree ? You can add a copy of this degree instead of your high school degree.
Attention : if you do not yet hold the high school degree (or equivalent) but you are in your last year of high school leading to this degree, you can still apply, providing you can present a certificate from your school proving you are in your last year. Your high school degree (or equivalent) must be provided to skeyes on the first day of training.
- be medically certified as air traffic controller. If you do not fulfill the medical requirements, you are automatically excluded from participating in the air traffic controller training.
- be fluent in English. English is the official language for the execution of the duties of air traffic control. A thorough knowledge of Dutch or French is necessary to be able to participate in the selection process.
- possess the following qualities: motivation, perseverance, stress resistance, be able to work in a team (24h/24h), have an analytical mind, a good judgment, a sense of synthesis and a strong ability to focus.
not having participated in a competitive recruitment exam aspiring air traffic controller at skeyes in 2019 or 2020, unless you have passed one of these recruitment exams.
Only applications through the online application form are considered.
If you can not provide one of the above mentioned documents, please refer to the FAQ.