ATM System Engineer (Radar)
As a System Engineer in Air Traffic Management (ATM) systems you participate in projects and studies for the renewal of our Air Traffic Management (ATM) systems and their continuous maintenance and improvement.
Our air traffic controllers rely on these specially developed systems in order to guarantee safe and efficient air navigation. They mainly handle the processing of flight plans, radar data, weather and aeronautical information and air traffic controller inputs. Moreover, they provide the air traffic controllers with a real-time overview of all the flights they control and provide a large array of tools (planning windows, safety nets,…) to offer sufficient capacity and optimal safe conditions in the controlled airspace.
What does an ATM System Engineer do?
- Working on the ATM systems that ensure radar data communication and processing.
- Participate in projects relating to new ATM systems in collaboration with the Project Manager for your field of expertise. Here you will:
- contribute to the study of the new ATM systems;
- monitor the development of the systems to be supplied;
- collaborate on test procedure development;
- participate in factory and acceptance tests;
- supervise the installation and integration in the skeyes environment.
- Collaborate with the ATS experts team for maintenance, improvement and evolution of the ATM systems.
- contribute to analysing problems and developing solutions in collaboration with system suppliers and the ATS experts;
- contribute to the engineering of improvements and evolutions with system suppliers and the ATS experts;
- participate in acceptance tests of the corrections, improvements and evolutions developed by the system suppliers;
- carry out maintenance and improvement through systems adaptation.
- Assist the maintenance technicians team by writing and maintaining maintenance procedures, taking over escalated incidents or tasks and providing system maintenance training.
- Collaborate with our safety team to draw up safety assessments and with our quality team to ensure the application of quality standards.
What makes you the perfect ATM System Engineer?
- you have a master’s degree in engineering, preferably with a specialization in IT and/or electronics;
- you have Linux and network skills;
- You have an affinity with processing radar data and improving safety nets;
- your sharp analyses help you to make connections, formulate requirements and discover the root cause of problems;
- you easily adapt to changes and can master unexpected situations by looking at possible solutions based on your experience and knowledge;
- you take initiatives to implement the most appropriate solution to each problem;
- you have good knowledge of English and knowledge of Dutch and/or French.