Radar Evaluation Engineer
- As radar evaluation engineer you are responsible for evaluating and analysing the performance of our radar systems. Where needed you will translate those results into practical solutions.
- You follow up the radar systems' preventive and corrective maintenance, which is performed by the technical staff in the field, and you analyse the reported problems.
- You contribute to studying, developing, installing and commissioning new radar systems in the framework of projects or internal actions.To that end, you acquire and maintain the necessary expertise in the field of radar technology.
- As our radar evaluation engineer you follow up international developments (Eurocontrol, ICAO, EASA, etc.) that are linked to the performance of radar systems. You take part in international meetings.
- You draw up syllabi and provide training to colleagues;
- We have purchased and in-house designed tools that analyse and evaluate our radar data. You are responsible for the proper functioning of those in-house designed tools and you improve them if possible.
- You report to the Surveillance supervisor.
- you hold a Master in Industrial Sciences or in Industrial Engineering, with a specialization in Electronics - ICT or equivalent;
- relevant experience in a similar job or sector is definitely an asset;
- knowledge of networks (TCP/IP, UDP, etc.), Linux and programming (Python, C, Java or equivalent) is a must;
- you preferably have experience with:
- RF and digital techniques;
- scripting by means of e.g. Bash, Python, AWK;
- databases (MySql);
- you are analytical, autonomous, conscientious and resistant to stress;
- you are service-minded and a true team player. You are communicative, eager to learn and prepared to continuously keep yourself up-to-date;
- you have active knowledge of Dutch and French as well.
In light of the vacancy to which you respond we would like to draw your special attention to the fact that prior to being employed by skeyes candidates have to undergo a security screening which will be carried out by the National Security Authority. More info