UTM SYSTEMS SUPPORT EXPERT
What does a skeyes UTM Systems Support Expert do?
- Ensure that the systems used to support the UTM activity are working properly:
- supervising the dedicated technical systems;
- ensuring the quality and integrity of the data supplied as part of the U-Space concept and UTM in general;
- analyzing the operational impact of a failure of these systems and drawing up back-up measures to ensure the highest level of safety for all airspace users at all times.
- Analyse the working methods relating to these systems and propose the necessary changes. This involves, among other things:
- proposing any necessary changes to the nature of the data supplied, its format and its level of quality and integrity;
- proposing any necessary changes to procedures.
- Provide support for users of these systems. This involves, among other things:
- analyzing the needs of users of these systems;
- answering users' questions and guiding them in the use of the systems' functionalities;
- communicating the scope of these systems and the difficulties encountered in using them to UTM team members.
- Represent skeyes in internal and external working groups and meetings relating to the implementation of new systems in support of UTM, in order to defend the interests of skeyes. This involves, among other things:
- asserting skeyes' positioning with regard to the supply of UTM support systems in consultation with the UTM Manager;
- identifying elements that could have an impact on the technological development of UTM systems;
- contributing to the development of working methods and operational procedures to ensure safety and performance in day-to-day UTM/ATM operations.
- Participate in international working groups so that skeyes remains informed of, and can adapt to, current developments/trends and decisions taken on issues relating to the support of UTM operations. This involves, among other things:
- monitoring developments and new regulations relating to UTM, particularly as regards support systems;
- communicating changes and developments to the UTM pillar and to the people concerned at skeyes, in order to ensure that knowledge is shared and to contribute to the definition of a vision.
- Participate on an ad hoc basis in the management of UTM projects, particularly in the implementation of systems supporting UTM activities. This involves, among other things:
- determining the project's objectives;
- drawing up a project plan and ensuring its implementation;
- communicating regularly with UTM team members on the progress of the project;
- defining the risks and mitigation measures as well as the success criteria for the project;
- ensuring a transfer of the project to the beneficiary after successful implementation and evaluation of its operational functioning.
What makes you the perfect UTM Systems Support Expert?
- you have a very strong affinity with aeronautics;
- in particular, you have knowledge of ATM and UTM;
- you have a good analytical/systematic mind and an eye for detail;
- you are well-organised and skilled in the use of IT support systems;
- you have a good knowledge of English, but are also able to express yourself in French and Dutch.
In light of the vacancy to which you respond we would like to draw your special attention to the fact that prior to being employed by skeyes candidates have to undergo a security screening which will be carried out by the National Security Authority. More info