Procurement Legal Expert
The Procurement service’s mission is to make sure purchases are made professionally and in accordance with the rules on public procurement.
In direct support of the Purchasing Manager and the Head of Department, the Procurement Legal Expert will assist the service in drafting contract documents for the purchase of works, supplies and services, based on the technical specifications drawn up by the various competence centres within skeyes.
What does a skeyes Procurement Legal Expert do?
You make sure the purchases are made professionally and in accordance with the rules on public procurement. This includes among other things centralizing and evaluating the information; elaborating tender documents (in view of maximally covering possible risks for the company using appropriate contractual provisions); following up the selection phase (if applicable) and the award phase; conducting possible negotiations and awarding the contract.
You ensure timely and good internal and external communication about the individual files.
You provide advice to the Procurement service staff and other internal customers on public procurement regulation (from the start of the file up to the final acceptance). That includes among other things:
- following up the legislation on public procurement and notify changes to the Purchasing Manager and the Head of Department;
- researching the impact of legal changes on skeyes;
- conducting research for complex questions and formulating solutions;
- advising on legal risks;
- participating in working groups and meetings in the framework of various missions / projects;
You will be finishing certain files in tandem with our purchasing team.
You handle the files in accordance with the planned schedules.
You respect the internal procedures and public procurement regulation, take care of the necessary reporting and you are responsible for an efficient, effective and qualitative file management.
You work under the supervision of the Purchasing Manager and the Head of Department, and you have contacts with the various competence centres of the company, as well as with the external stakeholders involved.
You act as a sparring partner for the Purchasing Manager and the Head of Department on legal issues in the field of public procurement.
What makes you the perfect Procurement Legal Expert?
- you hold a master's degree in law with at least 5 years of relevant experience in the field of public procurement;
- you communicate smoothly and clearly in Dutch and French, both orally and in writing. Knowledge of English is required;
- you are customer-focused, improvement-oriented and you have strong problem-solving skills. Thanks to your critical thinking you contribute to continuous improvement;
- you have a strong analytical mind and you work extremely accurately;
- in addition to your a sense of organisation and method, you work meticulously and you also like to work in team.